.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Research Technique Essay Example for Free

Research proficiency EssaySuppose your sociology instructor has asked you to do a area of homelessness. Which research technique (survey, expression, experiment, existing sources) would you stimulate the more or less useful? How would you use that technique to complete your assignment?If my sociology instructor has asked me to do a line of business of homelessness, I will choose the observation research technique because I think this method is the most useful to me. In definition, observation means collecting information through direct participation and/or by watching a group or community engaged, which means, this is a technique which researchers observe carefully the behaviors of people involved in their hypothesis. Although there are various types of observational research techniques (naturalistic observation, participant observation), each of them has both strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I believe participant observation is the most suitable method for the study o f homelessness. Firstly, this technique allows me to gain information in my own point of view as Im the observer and participant as well. Secondly, by using this method, the subject behaviors (homeless people) remain natural, therefore, giving the results high hardiness and reli qualification. Thirdly, its flexible as I can myself test the hypotheses and be able to redefine assertable personal conceptions. Fourthly, by directing involving the research, my results will contain highly-detailed, high-quality information about the homelessnesss behaviors.However, this technique in any case has some disadvantage. First, its likely for me to subscribe a close relationship with others which may influence the results. Second, its quite difficult for me to be accepted in the group (maybe Im too opposite from them). Third, this technique requires a great deal of skill and commitment from the researchers. I must learn the ability to fit-in with the people beingness observed and the abil ity to communicate naturally to them without allow them know my purposes. Finally, I founder to make sure that I have enough money, time, resources, skills and support to go through this research.More lucubrate about my study. After having finished 3 important tone of voices (defining the line, reviewing the literature, formulating the hypothesis), Ill continue the fourth step collecting and analyzing data by using the observation technique (participant observation). Ill join the homeless communities, which commonly gather to sleep in the parks, under the bridges or in the verandas of the private or normal housesItd be easier for me to participate if I can show them for sure that Im a real homeless person (little money, no mobile phone, have acceptable reason to become homeless, dreary clothes).The length of my stays are going to be about 6 months to 1 category as this time is long enough for me to have a generally view about this problem (however, it mainly depend on the t ime which the instructor allows me to so that I can limit/ cover the areas researched). During the time Im homeless, Ill turn out to gain the acceptance in the group canvass in order to collect the information needed without raising close relations or letting them know who I am, which will affect the conclusion of my study. Then, Ill listen to their stories about the reason wherefore they become homeless (of course I must have a reason for myself), observe their feeling, their behaving in life as well as their attitudes about their present conditions. Besides, I also have to try fulfill my study by finding the answers for these following questions1. How did they become homeless? (different people will have different answers)2. Do they feel like the government is back uping them to reduce homelessness?3. How has being homeless affected them? (difficulties in all aspects)4. What are the main causes of people becoming homeless?5. What should the government do to help the homeless people? 6. The link between being homeless and having social diseases (HIV, syphilis) 7. Where do the homelessness pass judgment have the highest/lowest percentage? What are the differences in these areas? These 5 questions are the basic information that I have to find the answers by asking directly through normal conversations, by observing, by auditory modality Besides, I think I can conclude some other useful results so as to have a general overview to support for my study thank to the time Im being homeless. My conclusion will include these data 1. Trends in homelessness recently.2. Characteristics of persons experiencing homelessness3. Causes of homelessness4. Effect of homelessness.5. Homeless policy initiatives6. How different places have different rate of homelessness. Reasons? Solutions (If I can)7. Outlook for the future (solutions)Finally, Ill finish the final step growth the conclusion base on the data I have to support or redefine the hypothesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment